What is the Best New to air tools – Worried about safety / hose whip?
Here is the compression list for New to air tools – Worried about safety / hose whip:
New to air tools – Worried about safety / hose whip
So due to a stuck suspension pinch bolt i decided to finally get myself a 3HP air compressor and air hammer. I’m just reading the manual for the air hammer and starting to get a bit concerned about safety after learning about air hose whip.
The manual says to always use a safety air fuse and anti-whip device across any hose, especially if using a quick release coupling which i am. Now i don’t mind buying these bits if they make things a bit safer but i really need to attempt to get this bolt unstuck tomorrow due to my MOT running out and i’ve also spent a shit load of money so could really do with not spending any more for the time being. The manual also says to make sure an emergency shut off valve is installed, i can understand why but i’m not sure what one i would need or where i would fit it.
I just had a few questions i was wondering if you guys could help with:
1. Is anyone able to tell me how safe it would be to use my air hammer for one day, without a safety air fuse or anti-whp device and emergency shut off valve? In video i watch no one seems to be using an anti-whip device.
2. I have some really strong duct tape like stuff. Would it be a bad or good idea to wrap this around the fittings temporarily to make them extra secure?
3. I’ve included some photos of my setup. Can anyone comment how safe it looks. The airgun is an NPT fitting and here in the U.K we use BSP so i had to buy an NPT male x BSP female adapter. It doesn’t screw in particularly far into the tool, does this still look safe?
4. I tightened all the fittings by hand, then gently with a spanner / wrench. Is this okay?
5. Any other safety aspect i should keep in mind when working with air tools? Of course i’ll be wearing eye and ear protection.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers 🙂
#air #tools #Worried #safety #hose #whip,
Last update on 2024-02-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API